DIY Offset Tie Rod Kit
Note: If you are buying this to build your own tie rod the tubing will need to be cut down.
This is a very nice kit that takes the diameter of a larger Tie Rod and the size of an aftermarket Differential Cover into account.
You may have to ream your knuckle's taper (depending on which knuckle you use) to accept the GM 1 ton TRE but the end result is more than worth the effort!
These have become the mandatory choice for the Jeep JK model as the only ones in the 1 ton size that will work with the factory knuckles.
You will receive:
- 1- 54" of 1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing
- 2- Offset Tie Rods with castle nuts
- 1 RH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 1 LH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 1 RH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 1 LH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
We supply more DOM than you need because it is way too easy to make a mistake in your calculations and you can always cut tube, growing it back is the hard part!