Ford 9" Weld On Disc Brake Kit, 3.5" Axle Tube w/ STEEL Braided Lines
The Ford 9" axle is one of my favorites. The fact they have been around since 1954 and only stopped production in the late '90's shows just how good the axle really is! The fact that it was standard in everything from smaller dump trucks in the 50's, full size sedans in the 60's, 70's & 80's, and Ford trucks from the F150 through many of the F250's shows its versatility. Lastly we have NASCAR, I know we are an offroad parts company but NASCAR adopted this axle early on and made pretty much any gearing available and kept the cost down.
This is the complete kit for changing out your rear-end brakes. Changing from drum brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion of your rear axle are included in this kit. In most cases it will also save at least 70lbs! The only reason these are weld on brackets only is that the Ford 9" axle had 3 different flanges over the years and the housings can be difficult to identify.
This kit is for a 3.5" tube which is common on many aftermarket axle housings, this kit comes comes with Ford 5 lug rotors from the front axle of an '89 Ford bronco. They use Chevy 3/4 ton front calipers and can be used for Jeep, Dodge, and IH 5 on 5.5" axles also.
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair 3.5" ID Weld On Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 Brake Calipers
- 2 STEEL BRAIDED Hoses with 10mm Banjo Bolt Fittings
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
- *Note* Rotor installs inside the flange, some rotors will require a small bevel (Some Ford only) on the inner circle if the axle shaft is tapered.
- *NOTE* Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
- *NOTE* A Proportioning Valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.