Dana 70 Chevy Dually Axle Disc Brake Kit
THIS KIT IS DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE SWAPPED A DUALLY REAR AXLE INTO SOMETHING ELSE UTILIZING SINGLE REAR WHEELS. MAY WORK ON A DUAL REAR WHEEL TRUCK WITH LARGER DIAMETER 17"+ WHEELS.
Running a larger rim size is necessary with dually wheels, I have been told some 17" wheels will clear the caliper or converting to standard single steel wheel 15" with a minimum 4" back spacing
Chevy Dana 70 Dually Disc Brake Conversions using Single Rear Wheels for an off road application. The D70 Dually axle is a very popular conversion due to their narrower width (64”-66”) when used with only one wheel. The weight savings on a standard D70 are substantial but take a look at the drums and pads on a dually, you save well over 100lbs swapping to discs!
The Chevy D70 Dually Axle was common in Chevy trucks from 1972 until '87 in the 1 ton range. It was stock in service trucks, flatbeds, crewcabs, motor homes and even some delivery vans (Bread Vans). This is a complete kit for changing out your rear-end brakes. Changing from Drums brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion of your rear axle are included in this kit.
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair Chevy Dana 70 Dually Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 Brake Calipers
- 2 Hydraulic Hoses with 10mm Banjo Bolt Fittings
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
*NOTE* Double check stud diameter, these rotors require a stud with 5/8" knurled diameter with 9/16" lug diameter or they will need to be drilled for larger diameter studs. Be sure to have minimum 5/8" lug nut thread engagement
- *NOTE* Rotor installs onto the backside of the hub!
- *NOTE* Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
- *NOTE* A Proportioning Valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.
- *NOTE* This is ONLY for a Chevy D70 Dually, it will not fit your Ford or Dodge.