1st Gen 62/65 Turbo Cummins 89-93
62/65/12 dps turbo specifically for a first gen cummins. Choice of compressor housing for Intercooled or non-Intercooled ($99 upcharge for non) Great spool up and ready to make use of your typical ve pump mods right over the 400 hp range, focusing on early spool up and low end power, the ve pumps specialty. It definitely makes for a fun truck. If you are going with a slightly larger injector, then opt for the same turbo but a 62/71 and enjoy a cummins that makes even more power. Any way you go, this requires a 4” 4.0 hx40 style exhaust downpipe.
Not to totally derail your thinking, but weather you are planning on 350hp, or going all the way with the comp ve pump and shooting for 600+hp, there is no better turbo choice than our 1st gen compound turbo kit for early spool, controlled egt’s, long lasting easy working turbos, towing performance or max power play. And it is even a good choice for you non Intercooled guys to stay non Intercooled and still make great power with no egt issue.
- Bolts directly to manifold and intake of 1988-1993 Dodge Cummins 5.9L 12V
- 6 pad 360° Thrust Bearing
- Intercooler Tube included
- Adjustable High flowing wastegate with turnbuckle
- Very quick spool-up (similar to stock)
- POLISHED COMPRESSOR HOUSING AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
- Up to 450 horsepower
- Horsepower Gains typically be between 30-50 rwhp, depending on truck modifications
- Flows 930 cfm vs. stock turbo at appx. 550 cfm
- Can be used as direct factory replacement turbo
- Great for towing